85hr Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
At The Wild Box, Bristol, In-Person Training
This 6 day course will run on: 6th – 8th June & 20th – 22nd June 2024
9am – 5pm
In-Person 85 hrs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes BSc, EYT, SYT, RPYT
Venue: The Wild Box, 14 Whitehouse Place, Bristol, BS3 4BL United Kingdom
This Pregnancy and Postnatal Yoga Teacher training course is fully certified & accredited Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and Yoga Alliance (USA) and is taught by Sally Parkes BSc, EYT, SYT, RPYT.
This training features expert guest teachers & speakers, to enhance the content on this in-depth, in-person course, as well as bonus material and an extensive manual.
With full accreditation from the above bodies, our world renowned certified Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course offers 85 hours of learning about all aspects of becoming a mother – from pregnancy, to the postnatal period and Parent & Baby Yoga.
Successful participants join us as students but leave as teachers with the knowledge, confidence & expertise to successfully run classes & private sessions which deliver safe, uplifting and effective yoga & functional movement practices, with clients at varying stages of this miraculous journey & beyond.
Sally is passionate about anatomy (see her published book The Student’s Manual of Yoga Anatomy in the reading list) and the course offers a strong focus on anatomy & physiology with emphasis on learning about female energy (Shakti), which plays such a vital role in conception, pregnancy and birth. Students will develop a thorough knowledge of Yoga asana & Pilates inspired functional movement, Mudra(seals), Pranayama breathing techniques), Yoga Nidra & guided relaxation, Meditation, science-backed lectures, Hypnobirthing, effective use of props, how to support a pregnant mother to be and a new mother in the postpartum period.
The course also offers a broader offering and specifically focused gentle postnatal Pilates inspired movement to support, stretch & strengthen; gentle exercise for pelvic floor health and physical alignment; basic yoga sequences for mother & baby; and recovery and rehabilitation in the postnatal phase.
The contact hours allow the opportunity for discussion & sharing, as well as yoga practice. A carefully designed, well-balanced program, that includes special guest teachers & lecturers for the Hypnobirthing & Relaxation module, Parent & Baby Yoga and a local Midwife for the step by step overview & progression of pregnancy, so that you can understand & appreciate the physical, scientific side of this journey, when teaching your clients.
All students receive a hard copy of the training manual, handouts & presentations.
Furthermore, you will also receive ongoing support via our dedicated, closed Facebook group and invites to further training with Sally Parkes Yoga, before they are announced to the general public.
- Movement: Pregnancy safe yoga and functional movement to stretch & strengthen the prenatal & postnatal body and help alleviate common ailments of all the trimesters.
- Pranayama & Relaxation: Pregnancy appropriate relaxation, pranayama (breath practices), visualisations, meditation & Hypnobirthing for the expectant mother. Understand how simple breath work and deep, guided relaxation can help rejuvenate & support an expectant and young mother mentally, physically & emotionally.
- Posture: Learn how pregnancy might negatively affect postural alignment and how with the correct programming of yoga & tailored, functional movement, this could be counteracted or avoided.
- Sequencing & Class Preparation: sequencing a yoga session for an expecting mother or postpartum mother across all trimesters, in an inclusive, non-judgemental, compassionate & empowering way. So whatever the client's birthing history, you can play a part in their recovery journey into motherhood and provide life-long tools to help them relax and unwind at any time.
- Props: Learn how to effectively use yoga props to help the expectant mother feel more supported.
Birth and Birth Preparation Module
- Learn about yoga asana for optimal foetal positioning and how the position of baby may affect labour & the birthing process for the expectant mother.
- Working with an exercise ball and chair for the later stages of pregnancy to preparation for & aid the birthing process.
- The importance of the Nervous System: the role the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems not only during birth, but as a whole.
- Birth and labour – discussion of different types of birth: physiological birth vs a medical intervention birth.
- Supportive Meditation, visualisation and positive affirmations for the birthing mother that can be used regardless of birth plan, no matter how birth unfolds.
- Learn about stages of pregnancy from conception to foetal development, the physical, mental, hormonal & emotional changes for the expecting mother, labour & the birthing process and the postnatal period for the new mother.
Postnatal Yoga and Parent & Baby Yoga Module
- Accessible Yoga & Pilates related, functional movement for the postnatal period (4th trimester) to stretch, strengthen & comfort the physical body to help alleviate common ailments of the postnatal phase. This includes any postural malalignment and changes such as upper and lower crossed syndrome, kyphosis, general body heaviness, fatigue/low energy, weakened gluten, tight hip flexors, weak pelvic floor. These will be practiced as a group.
- Gentle, Postnatal Recovery Yoga & Relaxation session for the mother who has experienced a medicalised birth, birth trauma or other side-effects of pregnancy and/or the birthing process.
- Parent & Baby Yoga – A complete class for both baby & parent (or carer) and discussion on how to plan & facilitate an inclusive class safely, effectively & informatively, in a supportive and uplifting environment.
After completing this course, you will have the skills to:
- Be able to teach a Pregnancy Yoga class/private session, a Postnatal Yoga class/private session and a Parent & Baby Yoga class/private session.
- Teach a well-rounded functional movement class that honours a woman’s mind, emotions and physical & subtle body at this special & sacred time.
- Integrate props effectively into classes to allow accessibility for all participants.
- Adapt classes for those with specific injuries (pregnancy/birthing or otherwise) & common ailments, such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, low/high blood pressure, fatigue, tight shoulders, stiff neck and any other physical changes.
- Have a clear understanding of why it is important to incorporate all elements of yoga into a class; the subtle body, the spiritual aspects, philosophy, energetics and the physical practice.
- Have a clear picture of what actually happens to the body during pregnancy and birth: hormonal, emotional, physical & mental changes.
- Take a compassionate, non-judgemental approach to individual clients, create rapport & offer genuine support to people on their journeys.
As part of this 85hr course and in order to gain your certificate to register as a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher, you will be asked to undertake some private study and reading in your own time. There are some assignments to complete, including class observations, a study of the trimesters, a teaching practice and case studies. You will also be expected to read the course training manual fully.
Yoga Alliance (USA) and Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and certification:
This training is 85 hours (including private study time) to meet the criteria of Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and Yoga Alliance (US).
The course is open to ALL. We welcome students from all backgrounds; whether you are a midwife, doula, yoga teacher or work in sports training, all you need is a keen interest in antenatal education and a passion for sharing your knowledge, along with a foundational understanding of yoga.
Following your successful completion of this training, and if you already have a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification, you will be permitted to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) or Yoga Alliance USA as a Registered Pregnancy Yoga Teacher. If you do not hold a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification, you may register your 85 hours of training with Yoga Alliance Professionals or gain independent insurance.
Please note: It is essential for students to attend, complete & engage with all scheduled hours and complete the homework before certification will be issued.
To purchase prior to the training:
- Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful by Gurmukh
- The Female Pelvis by Blandine Calais-Germain – Sally is also using this book more and more on the course, so you may like to purchase this at some point.
- The Student's Manual of Yoga Anatomy by Sally Parkes. Order your copy HERE
- The Course Training Manual (PDF copy included in your training fee, you have the option to purchase a hard copy).
For this Training you will need:
- A yoga mat
- 2 x yoga bricks
- 1 x yoga belt
- A yoga bolster (or 4 throw cushions in a pillow case).
- One large birthing / fitness ball, at a height so that when you are sitting on it, your hips are a little higher than your knees
- A Soft Teddy / Baby Doll (for Parent & Baby module only)
- Notebook, pen, highlighter
- Your training manual
About your teacher – Sally Parkes BSc, SYT, EYT, RPYT
Sally Parkes (BSc) has over twenty years teaching experience in the Wellness Industry and an Honours Degree in Exercise Physiology. Sally trained as an Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher in 2004 with Paul Dallaghan, before continuing her studies in Mysore, India.
Upon becoming a mother however, she heard her calling to teach Pregnancy Yoga and now specialises in delivering prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher trainings around the world.
Sally’s training is unique in that she shares her extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, whilst weaving together all elements of the yoga tradition in order to empower the mother to be to bring her baby safely and lovingly into the world.
Now a mother of two daughters, Sally also pens many articles for major publications and is the author of the bestselling book The Manual of Yoga Anatomy. Certified as an Experienced and Senior Yoga Teacher, Sally is known for her humour, warmth and inclusive presentations and delivered training in the UK, Asia and the Middle East.
It is not possible to have your place refunded or transferred to a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher training course at a later date once this deposit has been paid.
We STRONGLY recommend that you take out insurance to cover your training costs in the event that you have to cancel or curtail your training for whatever reason, including adverse weather and sickness. Sally Parkes Yoga cannot take responsibility for any missed days of training. If you wish to make up any missed parts of the training, you would be liable for any future course fees if you wish to join at a later date.
By registering and paying the deposit for this course, you are agreeing to this policy. Thank you.
Would you like to host Sally at your yoga studio for any of our trainings or a bespoke workshop?
Please get in touch on email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
The Wild Box,
14 Whitehouse Place,
View Sally's blog articles for Movement for Modern Life:
and also this one on
Click here to read Sally's article 'Postnatal yoga after your baby has arrived'
Pregnancy Yoga Training Testimonials
Upcoming training dates for 2024
19th – 21st January 2024 – Part 1
25th – 27th January 2024 – Part 2
(Full 6 day certified training course £697)
1st – 3rd March 2024 – Part 1
7th – 9th March 2024 – Part 2
(Full 6 day certified training course- from £747)
6th – 8th June 2024 – Part 1
20th – 22nd June 2024 – Part 2
(Full 6 day certified training course- from £750)
26th - 28th July 2024 - Part 1
2nd - 4th August 2024 -Part 2
(Full 6 day certified training course- from £647)
*2024 Dates coming soon*
Pregnancy Yoga Tutorials
Sign up here for the latest news!