Two-day Advanced Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Online
with Sally Parkes BSc, Online, via Zoom
This course will be held on: 19th – 20th November 2020
Two-day Advanced Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Online with Sally Parkes BSc in
About this training…
This training is for qualified 85hr Pregnancy Yoga Teachers and aims to deepen your existing knowledge so you can broaden your offerings to your postnatal clients. It is a 25hr Advanced Postnatal Training presented by Sally Parkes and her carefully selected guest speakers. This training focuses on the anatomy and physiology of the postnatal mother directly after giving birth, to the first six months that follow. It is particularly helpful for those yoga teachers who would like to offer a more bespoke approach to postnatal care for their clients, especially those mothers that have experienced a challenging journey in to motherhood.
We have a maximum capacity of 50 for our online courses.
The 25 hours are made up of online training hours, studying pre-recorded material and completing approximately five hours of coursework.
You will receive:
- The recordings of the teaching hours to revisit after graduating
- Bonus pre-recorded material
- A training manual and certificate in PDF format sent via email
- A logo from Sally Parkes Yoga stating you are an Advanced Postnatal Yoga Teacher for you to use on social media and other marketing platforms
For the trainings we have experienced midwife, university lecturer and yoga teacher, Luisa Lyons, talking about hormonal health in the postnatal mother @luisalyonsyoga
- What does ‘being postnatal’ actually mean?
- The varying stages of being post-natal: coregulation, recovery, rehabilitation, rebuilding and how we can adapt our yoga asana application using Sally’s unique 4 Phase Postnatal Recovery Program
- Anatomy of the female pelvis including the different types of pelvis
- What happens to the pelvis during pregnancy and birth – nutation and counternutation
- The hormonal cascade effect that happens during and directly after birth
- Explanation of birth intervention
- The effects of lactation on the hormonal and skeletal system
- Adaptation of the application of yoga practices in relation to different birth experiences
- What is ‘Diastasis Recti’ and how can we use movement to help heal a separated abdominal area.
After this training you will be able to:
- Improve your teaching skills and feel more confident as a postnatal yoga teacher
- Deliver bespoke, small classes and one to one postnatal yoga sessions that cater for the mother who requires extra nurturing
- Adapt your existing postnatal classes for those who have experienced a particularly challenging birth of their baby or babies
Homework and Assignments:
Students will be asked to write two case studies and one essay. The will be no exam for this training.
For this Training you will need:
- A yoga mat
- 2 x yoga blocks
- 1 x yoga belt
- 4 throw cushions and a pillow case OR yoga bolster
- One large fitness / birthing ball, ideally at a height so when you are sitting on it, your hips are a little higher than your knees
- Notebook and pen
- Your training manual (this will be emailed to you)
About Sally Parkes – Course Founder & Leader
Sally Parkes BSc is a an author and senior yoga teacher with over twenty years of teaching experience in the yoga and fitness industry, as well as an Honours Degree in Exercise Physiology. She trained as an Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher in 2004 with Paul Dallaghan, before continuing her studies in Mysore, India. However, after studying extensively with guru Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, she heard her calling to teach Pregnancy and Postnatal Yoga, and now specialises in delivering pre-natal and post-natal yoga teacher trainings internationally and online, and classes for the highly acclaimed www.movementformodernlife.com
Sally’s trainings are unique in that she shares her extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, whilst weaving in all elements of the yoga tradition in order to empower her teacher training students to be able to deliver safe, effective and nurturing pre and postnatal classes to future their clients.
Now a mother of two daughters, Sally also pens many articles for major publications and is the author of the bestselling book The Guide to Yoga Anatomy and regularly writes for Health and Fitness Education Training School @HFE1. Also certified by FEDANT as an Antenatal Educator, Sally is known for her humour, warmth and inclusive presentations, and has delivered training in the UK, Asia, and the Middle East.
The deposit for this Training constitutes the first part of the fees for this Training and is non-refundable.
It is not possible to have your place refunded or transferred to another Teacher Training course at a later date once this deposit has been paid.
We STRONGLY recommend that you take out insurance to cover your training costs in the event that you have to cancel or curtail your training for whatever reason, including adverse weather, pandemics and sickness. Sally Parkes Yoga cannot take responsibility for any missed days of training. If you wish to make up any missed parts of the training, you would be liable for any future course fees if you wish to join at a later date.
Attendance of & active participation in all modules, plus completion of coursework & assessments, as laid out by your course leader are essential in order for you to complete the course & receive your certification.
By registering and paying the deposit for this course, you are agreeing to this policy. Thank you.
Interested in joining us?
Contact us today:
Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sally on 07983 508018
All students will receive an electronic PDF certificate upon completion of this training via email, plus an electronic logo to use on your marketing materials to show that you have achieved these extra hours.
This training is recognised by Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) as ‘Further Training’ and by Yoga Alliance USA as ‘Continuing Education’
Dates: Thu 19th & Fri 20th November 2020
Venue: Online, via Zoom
Sign up here for the latest news!