Two-day Advanced Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training
with Sally Parkes BSc in Worthing, West Sussex
13 – 14th February 2020 – *ONLY 1 SPACE REMAINING*
Two-day Advanced Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes BSc in Worthing, West Sussex
About this training…
This training is for previously qualified 85hr Pregnancy Yoga Teachers and aims to deepen your existing knowledge so you can broaden your offerings to your postnatal clients. It is a 20hr Advanced Postnatal Training presented by Sally and her carefully selected guest speakers. This training focuses on the anatomy and physiology of the postnatal mother directly after giving birth, to the first twelve months that follow. It is particularly helpful for those yoga teachers who would like to offer a more bespoke approach to postnatal care of their clients.
- What does ‘being postnatal’ actually mean?
- Anatomy of the female pelvis including the different types of pelvis
- What happens to the pelvis during a vaginal birth – nutation and counternutation
- What is the hormonal cascade effect that happens during and directly after birth?
- Explanation of the different types of C-Section
- Explanation of other interventions such as episiotomy, forceps, ventouse
- What is suturing and when is it required
- Premature birth
- Infant Loss
- The effects of lactation on the hormonal and skeletal system
- Adaptation of the application of yoga practices in relation to different birth experiences
- The varying stages of being post-natal: coregulation, recovery, rehabilitation, rebuilding
After this training you will be able to:
- Improve your teaching skills and feel more confident as a postnatal yoga teacher
- Deliver bespoke, small classes and one to one postnatal yoga sessions that cater for the mother who requires extra nurturing
- Adapt your existing postnatal classes for those who have experienced a particularly challenging birth of their baby or babies
Homework and Assignments:
Students will be asked to write two case studies and one essay. The will be no exam for this training.
The deposit for the training constitutes the first £100 of the 20 hr Postnatal Yoga Teacher training course fee and is non-refundable.
It is not possible to have your place refunded or transferred to a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher training course at a later date once this deposit has been paid.
We STRONGLY recommend that you take out insurance to cover your training costs in the event that you have to cancel or curtail your training for whatever reason, including adverse weather and sickness. Sally Parkes Yoga cannot take responsibility for any missed days of training. If you wish to make up any missed parts of the training, you would be liable for any future course fees if you wish to join at a later date.
By registering and paying the deposit for this course, you are agreeing to this policy. Thank you.
Interested? Contact us today with any questions…
*Only one space remaining!*
Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sally on 07983 508018
All students will receive an electronic PDF certificate upon completion of this training via email, plus an electronic logo to use on your marketing materials to show that you have achieved these extra hours.
This training is recognised by Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) as ‘Further Training’ and by Yoga Alliance USA as ‘Continuing Education’
Dates: 13-14th February 2020
Venue: Sally’s home studio;
12 Cypress Avenue,
Worthing, West Sussex,
Travel to the venue: If driving, we have on-street parking. If coming by train, the closest station is Goring-By-Sea.
Trains are direct from London and Sally is happy to collect you from the station (with prior notice).
30 Essential Poses Analyzed, Explained and Illustrated.
Sign up here for the latest news!