85hr Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
live In Person in Worthing & on Zoom
This 6 day course will run on: (Split into In-Person & live via Zoom)
In-person Fridays & Saturdays – 9.30am-5.00pm, Online Live via Zoom Sundays – 9.00am-5.00pm
85hrs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes BSc, co-taught by Heather Deaville
Venue: The Worthing Rooms, Worthing, United Kingdom
We are so happy to be able to bring our world-renowned Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course in person in the wonderful Worthing Rooms! Worthing is such a lovely place to study, visit and spend some time just observing.
With plenty of AirBnB options if you’re traveling from a little further afield, this is a great choice for an in-person training!
This course is fully certified by Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and Yoga Alliance (US), and is taught by Sally Parkes BSc and co-taught by Heather Deaville. Her UK trainings also feature guest teachers & speakers and bonus material for the online courses.
With full accreditation from the above bodies, our world renowned certified Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course offers 85hours of learning about all aspects of becoming a mother – from pregnancy, to the postnatal period and Mother & Baby Yoga. Successful participants join as students but leave as teachers, with the knowledge, confidence & expertise to run classes and individual sessions which deliver safe, uplifting and effective yoga practices, with clients across varying stages of this miraculous journey.
The course offers a strong focus on anatomy and physiology with additional emphasis on learning about the Shakti (female) energy, which plays such a vital role in conception, pregnancy and birth. Students of this course develop a thorough knowledge of yoga asana, mudra, pranayama, relaxation and more meditative elements of yoga during pregnancy.
The course also offers a broader offering for mother’s yoga practice, such as gentle postnatal Pilates inspired methods to support, strengthen and stretch; gentle exercise for health and alignment; basic yoga sequences for mother & baby; and recovery and rehabilitation during the postnatal phase.
The contact hours allow the opportunity for discussion as well as yoga practice, plus we will be inviting special guest teachers to present classes and a talk by an experienced midwife as part of this training.
This course will be split to Fridays & Saturdays in person at Rooms Worthing; 9.30am-5.00pm and Sundays online, live via Zoom; 9.00am-5.00pm.
All students will also receive recordings of the Zoom sessions and we will also record the physical classes on the in-person days, too, for students to download and keep after graduating and a PDF copy of the training manual. (If you would like to purchase a hard copy of the manual you can do so for £20 including p&p. We will email you with details.)
Furthermore, you will also receive ongoing support via our closed Facebook group and invites to further training with Sally Parkes Yoga, before being announced to the general public.
Please see the Rooms Worthing website & get in touch with them for any questions about the venue itself or parking.
- Yoga related movements to stretch and strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of pregnancy.
- Appropriate relaxation, pranayama, visualisations and meditation for the prenatal mother.
- How simple breath work and deep relaxation can help rejuvenate a mother mentally, physically and emotionally.
- How pregnancy can negatively affect postural alignment, and how with the correct programming of yoga asana, we can in part counteract these changes.
- Effective use of yoga props to help the mother feel more supported.
- The difference between sequencing yoga asana for a mother in her second and in her third trimester.
- Moola Bandha – the importance of a healthy pelvic floor and how the alignment of the pelvis affects its’ engagement.
- Energetics – An overview of the Chakra System and how the pelvic floor relates to and affects the Root Chakra.
- A discussion on the effects that pregnancy has on the direction of prana, and how this relates to birth.
- Hypnobirthing inspired relaxation techniques.
Birth and Birth Preparation Module
- Positions for optimal foetal positioning and how the position of the baby may affect labour.
- Working with an exercise ball and chair for the late stages of pregnancy, in preparation for birth.
- The importance of the Nervous System: the role the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems during birth.
- Birth and labour – discussion of a ‘normal’ or ‘physiological’ birth.
- Meditation and birth affirmations for the birthing mother that can be used no matter how birth unfolds.
Postnatal and Mother and Baby Yoga Module
- Yoga and Pilates related movements for the postnatal period to stretch, strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of a postnatal woman including postural changes such as upper and low crossed syndrome.
- Postnatal recovery yoga for the mother who has experienced a medicalised birth and/or birth trauma.
- Mother and baby yoga – How to plan and facilitate a class safely and effectively so it is all inclusive and involves both the mother and baby.
This course teaches you to deliver classes and one to one lessons that are:
- Safe, effective and functional
- An even blend of the yoga system
You will finish the training course with the skills to:
- You will be able to teach a Pregnancy Yoga class, a Postnatal Yoga class and a Mother & Baby Yoga class.
- Teach a well-rounded yoga class that honours a woman’s mind and body at this special and sacred time.
- Integrate yoga props and small equipment into your classes and one to ones to make them more bespoke.
- Adapt the class for those with injuries and/or common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, low/high blood pressure and fatigue.
- Have a clear understanding of why it is important to incorporate all elements of yoga into a class.
- Have the knowledge of what actually happens to the body during pregnancy and birth.
Homework, Assignments and Exam:
As part of this 85hour course, we require you to do at least 22 hours of private study and reading. There are several assignments to complete including one class observations (ideally submitted prior to the course), teaching practice and a case study. You will also be expected to thoroughly read the course training manual.
Reading list to purchase prior to and during the training:
- Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful by Gurmukh
- The Female Pelvis by Blandine Calais-Germain – Sally is also using this book more and more on the course, so you may like to purchase this at some point.
- The Course Training Manual (hard copy included in your training fee)
Yoga Alliance (US) and Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) certification:
- Yoga Alliance (US) and Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK)
- All applicants must have basic knowledge of yoga and a minimum of 2 years’ practice.
- All graduates will receive a certificate upon completion.
This training is 85Hours (including private study time) to meet with the standards of Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and Yoga Alliance (US).
The course is open to anyone with a keen interest in ante-natal education and a passion for sharing their knowledge after the course with mums-to be, including yoga teachers, doulas and midwives.
Following your successful completion of this training, and if you already have a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification, you will be permitted to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) or Yoga Alliance USA as a Registered Pregnancy Yoga Teacher. If you do not hold a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification, you may register your 85 hours of training with Yoga Alliance Professionals or gain independent insurance.
All online sessions will be recorded and the training videos will be available for you to download after the training to keep and revisit.
Please note: It is essential for students to attend, complete & engage with all scheduled hours and complete the homework before certification will be issued.
For this Training you will need:
- A yoga mat
- A Soft Teddy / Baby Doll
- Notebook and pen
- Your training manual – will be given to you on day 1 of the training
About your teacher, Sally Parkes, BSc, SYT, EYT, RPYT
Sally Parkes (BSc) has over twenty years teaching experience in the Wellness Industry and an Honours Degree in Exercise Physiology. Sally trained as an Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher in 2004 with Paul Dallaghan, before continuing her studies in Mysore, India.
Upon becoming a mother however, she heard her calling to teach Pregnancy Yoga and now specialises in delivering prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher trainings around the world.
Sally’s training is unique in that she shares her extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, whilst weaving together all elements of the yoga tradition in order to empower the mother to be to bring her baby safely and lovingly into the world.
Now a mother of two daughters, Sally also pens many articles for major publications and is the author of the bestselling book The Manual of Yoga Anatomy. Certified as an Experienced and Senior Yoga Teacher, Sally is known for her humour, warmth and inclusive presentations and delivered training in the UK, Asia and the Middle East.
Pregnancy Yoga Tutorials
Pregnancy Yoga Training Testimonials
View Sally’s blog article for Movement for Modern Life:
2023 Course Price:
In-Person & Live Online Course:
(Please note: Fridays & Saturdays will be in person at Rooms Worthing, and Sundays will be held online live via Zoom)
If you wish to pay by BACS please email email@example.com for our bank details.
Questions? Contact Sally via WhatsApp +44 7983 508018
Upcoming Dates 2023
This six day course will run:
My 200hr TT was very anatomy focused which suited me coming from a massage/sports massage background but something felt like it was missing in my teaching and over the past year or so I’ve recently moved into a more feminine practice.
I’ve struggled to find where I fit with teaching as I LOVE anatomy but felt a disconnect with trying to introduce a more feminine practice to students.
This training had the perfect balance of anatomy & physiology whilst honouring the feminine and moving into the parasympathetic nervous system and I feel excited to get going with things once baby is here!
Thank you for helping me feel like I belong and I’m excited to do some other trainings with you in the future 🙂
The Trainer Pro award recognises that Sally Parkes Yoga courses overdeliver in the depth of knowledge and student support that is delivered, giving more value and individual input to our students.
Our intention is to ensure that every student that comes to us, leaves our courses confident, knowledgeable, and fully encouraged to be the best teacher they can be, and fully encouraged to realise their dreams.
Sign up here for the latest news!