85hr Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Lewes, (non-residential training)
This 6 day course will run on: 22nd – 24th & 29th – 31st January 2021
85 hrs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes BSc
This course is fully certified by FEDANT and The Yoga Alliance UK, The Yoga Alliance USA, and is taught by highly qualified and is taught by Sally Parkes BSc.
We are pleased to announce a brand new venue for our Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course, at the wonderful Unity Centre, Lewes. Affordable accommodation can be found nearby through airbnb.co.uk
This course is fully certified by FEDANT, Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and The Yoga Alliance USA, and is taught by Sally Parkes BSc. Her UK trainings often also feature guest teachers.
With full accreditation from the above bodies, our certified Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course offers 85hours of learning about all aspects of becoming a mother – from pregnancy, to postnatal and Mother & Baby Yoga. Successful participants arrive as students but leave as teachers, with the knowledge, confidence and expertise to run classes and individual sessions which deliver safe, uplifting and effective yoga practice with clients across any stage of this miraculous journey.
The course offers a strong focus on anatomy and psychology across Sally’s teachings of yoga, with additional emphasis on learning about the Shakti (female) energy which plays such a vital role in conception, pregnancy and birth. Students of this course also develop a thorough knowledge of yoga asana, mudra, pranayama, relaxation and more meditative elements of yoga during pregnancy.
The course also offers a broader offering for mother’s yoga practice, such as gentle postnatal Pilates inspired methods to support, strengthen and stretch; gentle exercise for health and alignment; basic yoga sequences for mother & baby; and recovery and rehabilitation during the postnatal phase. The final module of the course is dedicated to learning the art of Mother & Baby Yoga.
The course contact hours allow plenty opportunity for discussion as well as practice and is completed with an informative talk on how to succeed at setting up and developing your own pregnancy yoga business and space management for classes.
“Thank you Sally for the great experience of doing your Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training, I thoroughly enjoyed it. What I loved about it, is that it’s so inclusive and creates a relaxed way of learning. It’s adaptable to the individual and there is no pressure to perform. Everyone was really lovely and supportive and Sally is truly professional and friendly. She has a unique teaching style which make you want to learn more from her. And more importantly she has a great sense of humour. A thoroughly enjoyable course and I cannot wait to apply it outside of the course.” – Ayesha Nauth, Bikram Yoga Teacher and mother of two.
- Yoga related movements for all the trimesters to stretch and strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of pregnancy.
- Appropriate relaxation, pranayama, visualisations and meditation for the prenatal mother.
- How simple breath work and deep relaxation can help rejuvenate a mother mentally, physically and emotionally.
- How pregnancy can negatively affect postural alignment, and how with the correct programming of yoga asana, we can in part counteract these changes.
- Effective use of yoga props to help the mother feel more supported.
- The difference between sequencing yoga asana for a mother in her second and in her third trimester.
- Moola Bandha – the importance of a healthy pelvic floor and how the alignment of the pelvis affects its’ engagement.
- Energetics – An overview of the Chakra System and how the pelvic floor relates to and affects the Root Chakra.
- A discussion on the effects that pregnancy has on the direction of prana, and how this relates to birth.
Birth and Birth Preparation Module
- Positions for optimal foetal positioning and how the position of the baby may affect labour.
- Working with an exercise ball and chair for the late stages of pregnancy, in preparation for birth.
- The importance of the Nervous System: the role the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems during birth.
- Birth and labour – discussion of a ‘normal’ or ‘physiological’ birth.
- The spiritual aspects of birth.
- Meditation and birth affirmations for the birthing mother that can be used no matter how her birth unfolds.
Postnatal and Mother and Baby Yoga Module
- Yoga and Pilates related movements for the postnatal period to stretch, strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of a postnatal woman including postural changes such as upper and low crossed syndrome.
- Postnatal recovery yoga for the mother who has experienced a medicalised birth ie: medical induction, syntonic drip, epidural, Ventouse, forceps, Caesarean Section, and/or birth trauma.
- Mother and baby yoga – How to plan and facilitate a class safely and effectively so it is all inclusive and involves both the mother and baby.
Getting started: Starting up your career as a pre and postnatal yoga teacher
- We will discuss and share ideas of how to start your business as a pre and postnatal yoga teacher. We will cover how to register as a pregnancy yoga teacher, writing a health questionnaire, how to take payments for classes, legal data collection and protection procedures etc.
This course teaches you to deliver classes and one to one lessons that are:
- Safe, effective and functional
- An even blend of the yoga system
You will finish the training course with the skills to:
- You will be able to teach a Pregnancy Yoga class, a Postnatal Yoga class and a Mother & Baby Yoga class.
- Teach a well-rounded yoga class that honours a woman’s mind and body at this special and sacred time.
- Adapt your general classes for any pregnant ladies who also attend.
- Integrate yoga props and small equipment into your classes and one to ones to make them more bespoke.
- Adapt the class for those with injuries and/or common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, low/high blood pressure and fatigue.
- Have a clear understanding of why it is important to incorporate all elements of yoga into a class.
- Have the knowledge of what actually happens to the body during pregnancy and birth.
Homework, Assignments and Exam:
As part of this 85hour course, we require you to do at least 22 hours of private study and reading. Students will be asked to write a short pregnancy yoga sequence after the third day, to teach to fellow students towards the end of the course. This will constitute the practical exam for the course. There are also several assignments to complete including one class observations (ideally submitted prior to the course), teaching practice and a case study. You will also be expected to thoroughly read the course training manual.
Reading list to purchase prior to and during the training:
- Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful by Gurmukh
- The Female Pelvisby Blandine Calais-Germain – Sally is also using this book more and more on the course, so you may like to purchase this at some point.
- The Course Training Manual (included in your training fee)
Yoga Alliance USA, Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and FEDANT Certification:
- Yoga Alliance and FEDANT Certification
- All applicants must have basic knowledge of yoga and a minimum of 2 years’ practice.
- All graduates will receive a certificate upon completion.
This training is 85Hours (including private study time) to meet with the standards of Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK), Yoga Alliance USA and also the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).
The course is open to anyone with a keen interest in ante-natal education and a passion for sharing their knowledge after the course with mums-to be, including yoga teachers, doulas and midwives.
Following your successful completion of this training, and if you already have a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification, you will be permitted to register with Yoga Alliance (UK) or Yoga Alliance USA as a Registered Pregnancy Yoga Teacher. If you do not hold a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification, you may register with FEDANT’s register of Ante-Natal Educators (UK students only), to teach in the UK until you have obtained your 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training Certificate.
Please note: It is essential for students to attend, complete & engage with all scheduled hours and complete the homework before certification will be issued.
About your teacher, Sally Parkes, BSc, EYT, SYT
Sally Parkes (BSc) has over twenty years teaching experience in the Wellness Industry and an Honours Degree in Exercise Physiology. Sally trained as an Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher in 2004 with Paul Dallaghan, before continuing her studies in Mysore, India.
Upon becoming a mother however, she heard her calling to teach Pregnancy Yoga and now specialises in delivering prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher trainings around the world.
Sally’s training is unique in that she shares her extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, whilst weaving together all elements of the yoga tradition in order to empower the mother to be to bring her baby safely and lovingly into the world.
Now a mother of two daughters, Sally also pens many articles for major publications and is the author of the bestselling book The Manual of Yoga Anatomy. Certified as an Experienced and Senior Yoga Teacher, Sally is known for her humour, warmth and inclusive presentations and delivered training in the UK, Asia and the Middle East.
Click here to read testimonials from some of our previous Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Students:
Pregnancy Yoga Tutorials
Early Bird Offer
*Early Bird price £747 – usual price £797. Please note our Early Bird discount applies if booked before 21st October 2020.
If you’d like to book by Bacs, please contact us and we will send you our bank details.
This six day course will run:
22nd – 24th January 2021
29th – 31st January 2021
Book Me In!
Please email email@example.com to book this course.
The Unity Centre
35 Friars Walk
Lewes BN7 2LE
Click here to visit Airbnb for great places to stay in & around Lewes.
The Manual of Yoga Anatomy
By Sally Parkes BSc, EYT, SYT 30 Essential Poses Analyzed, Explained and Illustrated now available on Amazon.co.uk
Sign up here for the latest news!