85 hrs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training (Residential Course)
Arundel, West Sussex
This is a six day course. 15th July – 20th July 2018 or 2nd – 7th December 2018.
We have a limited availability for some students to attend our residential pregnancy yoga teacher training’s as day guests for a discounted rate. Please email Sally on email@example.com for details.
85 hrs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training (residential course) with Sally Parkes (BSc).
This course is fully certified by FEDANT, Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, The Yoga Alliance US, and is taught by highly qualified and experienced tutors.
Venue: Brooklands Barn, Priory Lane, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 0BG.
We are pleased to announce a brand new residential venue for our Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course, at the wonderful Brooklands Barn in Arundel, West Sussex.
This 85 hour residential Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course, certified by The Yoga Alliance (US), Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) and The Federation of Antenatal Educators, covers relevant prenatal and post-natal aspects of teaching yoga, including Pregnancy, Post-natal, and Mother and Baby Yoga.
With our expert teaching and tutoring, we aim to support you in developing those skills which enable you to offer the expertise, knowledge and confidence needed when delivering safe, effective and uplifting classes and one to ones, to women who are on their momentous physical and emotional journey into motherhood.
The course focuses on the teachings of yoga with an emphasis on the major role that Shakti (female) energy plays throughout the incredible experience of pregnancy (including conception, pregnancy and birth), as well as the spiritual aspects of this important time in a female’s life.
You’ll develop your knowledge and teaching skills through a combination of women’s anatomy and physiology, asana, pranayama, mudra and essential relaxation techniques. Other aspects of yoga, including methods developed from Pilates and exercise for post-natal rehabilitation and recovery, are also learned during the postnatal yoga module, with plenty of practice and discussion before moving on to the final module; Mother and Baby Yoga.
The course ends with an insightful talk on what’s involved in setting up your own business running Pregnancy Yoga, Post-natal Yoga and Mother and Baby Yoga classes. This includes tips on using social media, how to hire the right space and how to organise classes, all within the context of keeping client referrals coming and your yoga sessions successful.
Can’t do a residential course?
I want to thank you for an amazing course and time, I am really sad it is over but I am sure more is to come! I can truly say this was one of the best courses I have done and one of the best spaces to share yoga with others. You created a great space and then it was so easy to learn and share. Also thank you for the support and lovely iRest meditation session.
I wanted to say a big thank you for such an amazing course, I thoroughly enjoyed it and gained so much more than I could have imagined. It was great to meet so many interesting and wonderful women, your guest speakers / assistants were fantastic and of course so were you!
- Yoga related movements for all the trimesters to stretch and strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of pregnancy.
- Mula bandha – the importance of a healthy pelvic floor and the correct alignment of the pelvis during pregnancy and the post-natal period.
- Energetics; How a dis-functional pelvic floor relates to and affects the root chakra.
- Appropriate relaxation, pranayama, visualizations and meditation.
- The spiritual aspects of pregnancy and birth.
- Working with an exercise ball or chair for both pregnancy and in preparation for labour.
- Positions for optimal foetal positioning.
- Birth and labour – description of a `normal’ birth using both anatomical images and a dummy baby and model of the pelvis. We also cover birth using induction, intervention, and caesarean section.
- Post-natal recovery including exercises and breath work following caesarean section.
- Yoga and pilates related movements for the post-natal period to stretch and strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of a post-natal woman including postural changes such as upper and low crossed syndrome.
- How simple breath work and deep relaxation can help heal a women mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Basic nutrition for new mums to aid post-natal recovery.
- Mother and baby yoga – How to plan and facilitate a class.
- How to start your business as a pre and post-natal yoga teacher.
This course teaches you to deliver classes and one to one lessons that are:
- Safe, effective and functional
- An even blend of the yoga system
You will finish the training course with the skills to:
- You will be able to teach a Pregnancy Yoga class, a Post-Natal Yoga class and a Mother and Baby Yoga Class.
- Teach a well-rounded yoga class that honours a woman’s mind and body at this special and sacred time.
- Adapt your general classes for any pregnant ladies who also attend.
- Integrate yoga props and small equipment into your classes and one to ones to make them more bespoke.
- Adapt the class for those with injuries and/or common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, low/high blood pressure and fatigue.
- Have a clear understanding of why it is important to incorporate all elements of yoga into a class.
- Have the knowledge of what actually happens to the body during pregnancy and birth.
As part of the 85 hour course program, this course requires you to do at least 22 hours of private study/readings as per the Yoga Alliance guide lines
Homework, Assignments and Exam:
Students will be asked to write a short pregnancy yoga sequence after the third day to teach towards the end of the course to the rest of the group. This will constitute the practical exam for the course. There are also several assignments to complete including one class observations (ideally prior to the course), teaching practice and a case study. You will also be expected to thoroughly read the course training manual. Reading list to purchase prior to and during the training:
- ‘Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful’ by Gurmukh
- Course training manual
Yoga Alliance and FEDANT Certification:
All graduates will receive a certificate upon completion. This training is 85 hours (including private study time) to meet with the standards of The Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and The Yoga Alliance US, and is also certified by the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT). The course is open to anyone with a keen interest in ante-natal education and a passion for sharing their knowledge after the course with mums-to be, including yoga teachers, doula’s and midwives. You will be able to register with FEDANT’s register of Ante-Natal Educators, and if you have a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification already, you will be permitted to register with The Yoga Alliance UK or The Yoga Alliance US as a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
About your teacher, Sally Parkes, BSc, EYT, SYT.
Sally has been teaching health and fitness since 1998 and has studied and taught pregnancy and post-natal yoga extensively since 2007. Her style of yoga is from the lineage taught by guru Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, a leader in the field of women’s well-being, whilst also weaving an element of exercise physiology, Pilates and movement methods gained from her studies in exercise rehabilitation in to her teaching.
Now a mother of two lively little girls, Sally continues her studies and has trained as a doula with Michel O’Dent and with Jennifer Walker of Spinning Babies, and has penned many articles for major publications. Also the author of The Students Guide to Yoga Anatomy and teacher on movementformodernlife.com, Sally is now a certified Experienced and Senior Yoga Teacher and teacher trainer, who is known for her humour, warmth and all inclusive presentations. She now specialises in delivering solid and thorough pregnancy and post-natal yoga teacher training’s in the UK and internationally.
About your stay with us at Brooklands Barn
Brooklands Barn is just 1 hour 15 minutes by direct train from London and is a stunning nineteenth century converted barn in a rural setting. It is just under one mile from the historic centre of Arundel, within walking distance along the River Arun, and has breathtaking views of the Sussex downs. During your teacher training course with Sally you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of this venue including a newly built yoga studio, a heated indoor pool and sauna. Most rooms are en suite and are allocated on a first come first served basis. Three healthy and fresh vegetarian meals a day are also provided for the group to enjoy together. For more information about our venue, please click here.
Set in the beautiful Sussex countryside and looking out onto fields and open spaces, the easily accessible Brooklands Barn has a wonderful nurturing atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
With a newly built yoga studio, plenty of space to rest, a heated swimming pool and sauna to use at your convenience after the course sessions, there’s no way you can’t relax. All rooms are spacious and newly refurbished.
We provide you with three healthy and nutritious meals a day. All food is home-made, healthy and vegetarian. We source our ingredients from local independent suppliers where possible.
Arundel Castle is a restored medieval castle and stately home in Arundel, West Sussex, England. Click here to visit the castle’s website to learn more.
Click here to read testimonials from some of our previous Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Students:
Pregnancy Yoga Tutorials
'Sally Parkes' Pregnancy Yoga DVD for health and wellbeing.
Suitable for all levels.
Early Bird Offer
*Early Bird price £1047 – usual price £1247. Please note our Early Bird discount applies if booked 3 months before the start of the course.
The price is for twin share accommodation. Single rooms are occasionally available upon request (for an additional fee).
Price includes three homemade vegetarian meals a day, accommodation, course contents, course manual, certificate and ongoing support via a secret Facebook group. There are no other hidden costs.
A £300 deposit is required to secure your place.Book Now
If you wish to pay by BACS please email firstname.lastname@example.org for our bank details.
This is a six day residential course.
15th July – 20th July 2018
2nd – 7th December 2018
Please register your interest at email@example.com
Brooklands Barn, Priory Lane, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 0BG
Transport links: The nearest train station is Arundel and nearest airport is Gatwick, and trains can be caught from Gatwick to Arundel.
The Student’s Manual of Yoga Anatomy
By Sally Parkes BSc, EYT, SYT.
30 Essential Poses Analyzed, Explained and Illustrated.
Sign up here for the latest news!