85hr Pregnancy Teacher Training – Worthing
85 hrs Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Parkes (BSc) and midwife Dee Bell.
Venue: Chatsworth Hotel The Steyne, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 3DU, United Kingdom.
This 85 Hour Yoga Alliance (US & UK) certified course covers Pregnancy, Post-natal and Mother and Baby Yoga and is grounded in sound anatomy and physiology as well as in the teachings of yoga. Our aim is to give you, the student, knowledge and expertise to deliver safe, effective and uplifting classes and one to ones. This is achieved via a combination of appropriate anatomy, physiology, asana, pranayama, mudra and relaxation, whilst the Shakti (female) energetics that resides in all women and allows such an amazing event: (conception, pregnancy and birth) to occur is honoured. Yoga and methods developed from Pilates and gentle exercise rehabilitation, to assist post-natal recovery is also discussed, taught and practiced before moving on to our Mother and Baby Yoga module. The course finishes with a talk on how to set up your business including tips on using social media, hiring a space and how to organise classes, and how to keep client referrals at an optimum level.
Please note that one day of this course is spent with Dee Bell, a registered midwife and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Yoga related movements for all the trimesters to stretch and strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of pregnancy.
- Mula bandha – the importance of a healthy pelvic floor and the correct alignment of the pelvis during pregnancy and the post-natal period.
- Energetics; How a dis-functional pelvic floor relates to and affects the root chakra.
- Appropriate relaxation, pranayama, visualizations and meditation.
- The spiritual aspects of pregnancy and birth.
- Working with an exercise ball or chair for both pregnancy and in preparation for labour.
- Positions for optimal foetal positioning.
- Birth and labour – description of a `normal’ birth using both anatomical images and a dummy baby and model of the pelvis. We also cover birth using induction, intervention, and caesarean section.
- Post-natal recovery including exercises and breath work following caesarean section.
- Yoga and pilates related movements for the post-natal period to stretch and strengthen the physical body and help alleviate common conditions of a post-natal woman including postural changes such as upper and low crossed syndrome.
- How simple breath work and deep relaxation can help heal a women mentally, physically and emotionally.
- Basic nutrition for new mums to aid post-natal recovery.
- Mother and baby yoga – How to plan and facilitate a class.
- How to start your business as a pre and post-natal yoga teacher.
This course teaches you to deliver classes and one to one lessons that are:
- Safe, effective and functional
- An even blend of the yoga system
You will finish the training course with the skills to:
- You will be able to teach a Pregnancy Yoga class, a Post-Natal Yoga class and a Mother and Baby Yoga Class.
- Teach a well-rounded yoga class that honours a woman’s mind and body at this special and sacred time.
- Adapt your general classes for any pregnant ladies who also attend.
- Integrate yoga props and small equipment into your classes and one to ones to make them more bespoke.
- Adapt the class for those with injuries and/or common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, low/high blood pressure and fatigue.
- Have a clear understanding of why it is important to incorporate all elements of yoga into a class.
- Have the knowledge of what actually happens to the body during pregnancy and birth.
Homework, Assignments and Exam:
As part of the 85 hour course program, this course requires you to do at least 22 hours of private study/readings as per the Yoga Alliance guidelines. Students will be asked to write a short pregnancy yoga sequence after the third day to teach towards the end of the course to the rest of the group. This will constitute the practical exam for the course. There are also several assignments to complete including one class observations (ideally prior to the course), teaching practice and a case study. You will also be expected to thoroughly read the course training manual.
Reading list to purchase prior to and during the training:
- ‘Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful’ by Gurmukh
- ‘Yoga for Pregnancy’ Wendy Teasdill
- Course training manual
Yoga Alliance and FEDANT Certification:
All graduates will receive a certificate upon completion. This training is 85 hours (including private study time) to meet with the standards of The Yoga Alliance UK and The Yoga Alliance US, and is also certified by the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).
The course is open to anyone with a keen interest in ante-natal education and a passion for sharing their knowledge after the course with mums-to be, including yoga teachers, doula’s and midwives. You will be able to register with FEDANT’s register of Ante-Natal Educators, and if you have a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification already, you will be permitted to register with The Yoga Alliance UK or The Yoga Alliance US as a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
About your teacher, Sally Parkes, BSc, EYT, SYT.
Sally has been teaching health and fitness since 1998 and has studied and taught pregnancy and post-natal yoga extensively for the past ten years. Her style of yoga is from the lineage taught by guru Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, a leader in the field of women’s well-being, whilst also weaving an element of Exercise Physiology, Pilates and movement methods gained from her studies in exercise rehabilitation in to her teaching.
Also a Doula and mother, Sally has penned many articles for major publications and is the author of The Students Guide to Yoga Anatomy. Now a certified Experienced and Senior Yoga Teacher and teacher trainer, Sally is known for her humour, warmth and all inclusive presentations, and now specialises in delivering solid and thorough pregnancy and post-natal yoga teacher training’s in the UK and internationally.
Click here to read testimonials from some of our previous Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Students:
In the unlikely event that the training is cancelled we will refund 100% of your payment or offer an alternative placement.
This refund policy applies to the remaining balance (excluding deposit £300) of the course fee. Cancellation 0 – 30 days before start date – 0% refund. Cancellation 31 – 60 days before start date – 25% refund. Cancellation 61 – more days before start date – 100 % refund.
It is not possible to have your place refunded or to transfer to a 200 hour Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training course at a later date, once you have made your first payment.
We STRONGLY recommend that you take out insurance to cover your costs in the event that you have to cancel or curtail your training. By registering and paying for this course, you are agreeing to this payment and cancellation policy. Thank you.
Pregnancy Yoga Tutorials
'Sally Parkes' Pregnancy Yoga DVD for health and wellbeing.
Suitable for all levels.
A £200 deposit is required to secure your place.
This is a six day course.
19th – 21st January 2018
26th – 28th January 2018
Book Me In!
The Steyne, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 3DU, United Kingdom.
The Student’s Manual of Yoga Anatomy
By Sally Parkes BSc, EYT, SYT.
30 Essential Poses Analyzed, Explained and Illustrated.
Sign up here for the latest news!